The Chase

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Feb 6 00:08:20 CET 2008

Andy Tarpinian wrote:
> The first 3d animation I ever did, maybe 11 years ago, was a camera
> chasing a ball flying through a tunnel, not quite up to par with yours
> though ;)

Yes, the good old times... I still have my first serious animation
project around, dating back to early 94, which was a flight through a
house where we added a "virtual" extension. Back then, we tried to sell
3D Studio v2 to interior designers... Mind you, having had my computer
busy several nights for a rather bland looking result didn't convince
too many people, and something like 24h for a single frame in a
printable quality that had some reflections wasn't exactly inspiring
either. Yes, we were lusting for Silicon Graphics machines back then,
but didn't have $100k+ sitting in the bank...

Sadly, I never really got into the whole animation thing except the
occasional side project, as I was always busy writing software instead
of using it...

Bye
Martin

--