The Chase

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Feb 6 00:56:00 CET 2008

On Feb 5, 2008, at 5:57 PM, Martin Naef wrote:

> Ahh, fun stuff. Is that mental ray for the reflections?
>
> Bye
> Martin

Yes it is mental ray, here are a few more tests

http://www.nmisystem.com/3d/ballsglass2.jpg
http://www.nmisystem.com/3d/line.jpg
http://www.nmisystem.com/3d/structure2.jpg
http://www.nmisystem.com/3d/structureglobe.jpg

The technique has been around for a while, using Mental Ray with final
gathering etc, but it's getting better all the time, it's a fast dirty
trick to getting real nice realistic looking stuff - you don't have to
even set up lights :D

been dying to try out some animation stuff with it but it takes
forever to render.