cool - gear girl

Andrew Robinson EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Dec 2 11:50:52 CET 2008

2008/12/1 Andy Tarpinian <evildead at nyc.rr.com>:
> But yeah, pretty cool.  I like the Xylophone and great to see one actually
> being used in a song.  I have always wondered if the new Xylophone are the
> same sound generation as the old ones or, if they are some cheap digital
> replication..??
>

> they are not the same, I have no idea what the difference is. But of course
> there are tons of people who think the old version is the only option as the
> new versions can't match the analog superiority!

Funny that we should get onto the subject of xylophones, I'm currently
trying to get to grips with the iPhone SDK and (for a nice easy first
app) write a simple xylophone - there isn't a free one, and I have
ideas for a nicer 'pro' paid version at minimum store price.
Unfortunately getting to grips with objective C isn't a quick process
for my aging mind, especially as all the tutorials all start of with
'It's a lot like C++', which I don't know, all the C++ tutorials start
off with 'It's a lot like C', which I don't know.? What I actually
know are Basic, Actionscript, Z80 assember,  6502 assember, Ample and
a smattering of Pascal. Currently I'm learing C, then unlearning C and
learing C++ 'on the fly' then unlearning C++ and relearning Objective
C 'on the fly'.

My head hurts.

- Andy_R