Some Recent Patches

Niall Munnelly niall.munnelly at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 10:03:24 CEST 2024

Audio and control signal feedback are a well-established compositional tool
decades after the Barrons and David Tudor’s early explorations, but it’s
taken me a long while to come around to it after early, unpleasant
encounters (there’s a piercing, head-clamping moment on pretty much every
Mouse on Mars-adjacent album, eg) and explore the possibilities the
techniques offer beyond howling squalls. I reckon emptyset are due some
credit for this, and perhaps Rafael Toral’s “Spectral Evolution” has
exerted some influence by virtue of consistent and attentive play, here.

Here are my last two patches. They’re far from realized pieces -
composition begins and ends only a few minutes on either side of each
recording, but it’s nice to let your peeps know where your head’s at,
sometimes.

https://youtu.be/DDTDqZBnYsE?si=7R2N4NrZRPyUViDG

https://youtu.be/qyYGCcyApCg?si=vp__pIQAQ7ofBNbL

Yours,