Windows 8 = ha ha

moron moron at industrial.org
Wed Jun 17 17:35:40 CEST 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-17 at 09:25 +0200, ibi sum wrote:
> You should be sure you check it out, because if you don’t you’ll be missing a serious solution to your DAW woes…

Hey Jay.  I'm actually pretty familiar with Ardour, put out a CD about 7
years ago that was recorded with it actually.  The issue for me is that
I hate dealing with Jack and Ardour relies heavily on it.  Jack made
everything feel fragile and was a pain if you wanted to use Jamin for
mastering (constantly doing and undoing routing is not fun).

UbuntuStudio, ran that for a while as well.  The problem is that Ubuntu
proper's interests don't align very well with a studio focused distro
IMHO.  I haven't looked lately (I changed over to Fedora a while back)
but when I last was using it they never seemed to get particularly
stable probably due to the main distro's focus conflicting with theirs.
I think they should have picked Centos as the base so they would have a
more predictable platform to build off of.

Windows is obviously lame but in this case I'm just treating it as a
poor man's XFCE except with driver support and more options for DAW
software.

I picked up a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 and so far it seems to be a decent
choice, lots of inputs with a solid metal case.  We're jamming tonight
so I will soon have a better idea how the new DAW behaves in action.

Cheers

--
http://industrial.org
http://deterrent.net