Ableton Live - has it lost its mojo?

ibi sum ibisum at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 19:37:57 CEST 2015

> And then Apple bought Emagic.
> Tony

I quite like how REAPER is doing things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0qd_cRE5dQ

KISS principle applies.  Cubase is pretty wild, actually all the major DAW’s have their pro’s and con’s.. like, how much of a MIDI editor it is, well .. its just like an editor versus editor discussion.

Except Live MIDI flow just doesn’t feel like it was designed to be an editor .. more of an effects processor.  It feels clunky, for some reason.

Next time it gets some use in a RES session, I’ll pay more attention and try to make more succinct observations.

;
--
Jay Vaughan
ibisum at gmail.com