If you could design a music product ..

Jay Vaughan seclorum at mac.com
Tue Jan 7 20:49:49 CET 2014

> Would I be right in saying that the modular market is fairly low volume /
> niche?

The thing about the synth market is that its all about profit.  If you do not make profit, you do not (continue) to make synthesisers.  Even the most successful synthesiser companies are .. very barely, admittedly, in some cases .. profitable.

So there has to be an artistic reason to dive into the market, is the going word.  If you’re not into it for the art, don’t bother.

Of course, thats bollocks: we all know that in 3 years time todays snotty kids will be spending €¥£€฿’s on the ‘new thing to plug in’.

So, in my particular case, I want to make devices for users, and that actually means you guys.  What do you need/want?  It is a serious question.

> Btw, I was going to suggest a Roland M185 desktop style sequencer.  I know
> you will be bored with me going on about the M185 but, up until the new
> Atlantis (below), the simple but powerful M185 concepts seems to have missed
> the step sequencer manufactures.

What would it take to convince you to do a short video of the salient features, in 2 minutes or less?  Like, just a quick blurt through the thing.. (Roland) thing ..

The thing I’m looking for: something that will be great, and easy.  What is that?

> But whatever it is you do Jay, I will be fabulous!!
> Paul

Yes you will be!  :)

j.