If you could design a music product ..

foRUMS 4 punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Tue Jan 7 20:43:23 CET 2014

Hey Jay.  This sounds fan-tast-ic!!!  Very exciting..

Hey Tony / Jay

> That said, if you'd like to design a eurorack module, I have a sequencer
> design and panel layout that I've been kicking around.  I just have no
means
> of actually building it.

Would I be right in saying that the modular market is fairly low volume /
niche?

Maybe your design could incorporate a desktop version, complete with built
in power/MIDI/USB/CV.  This way it would be open to the modular crew plus
normal people..  ;-)

Btw, I was going to suggest a Roland M185 desktop style sequencer.  I know
you will be bored with me going on about the M185 but, up until the new
Atlantis (below), the simple but powerful M185 concepts seems to have missed
the step sequencer manufactures.

http://www.intellijel.com/eurorack-modules/atlantis/

The Atlantis would be an instant buy for me if it:

1) was desktop
2) had MIDI (and CV)
3) was cheaper

Maybe with the sequencer, you could include a arpeggiator, again, looking
for functionality that all the other designs have missed..

But whatever it is you do Jay, I will be fabulous!!

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk