If you could design a music product ..

Jay Vaughan seclorum at mac.com
Tue Jan 7 17:41:17 CET 2014

> Do you want Ideas privately or on a publicly archived mailing list?

It is up to you - I’d love to hear your ideas specifically because we on the music-bar have watched you grow, and it may be of interest to other music-bar’ians too (who may have great feedback).

But if you think your idea is best discussed in private, I’m open to that too.

> I've got a lot of ideas, but I guess it would be good to know what your target market is.  Teens & Hipsters?  Synth Nerds?  Professionals?  Live players?  DJs?

The target market is anyone who would pay up to US$250 for a musical-instrument/accessory that would integrate into their existing setup and add features to their existing products, in some way.

Not quite full-on plug ’n play modules and re-invented 80’s era synth tech in a new package, a la that crazy cow dude .. more, ‘here is a tool you did not know you need’, which will make a useful addition to your existing toolbox.

I have a very specific product in mind, which if I described it, I may not get a chance to produce.  But the budget (for the customer) is around US$250.  This market is our entrance point.

> That said, if you'd like to design a eurorack module, I have a sequencer design and panel layout that I've been kicking around.  I just have no means of actually building it.  You can have that design if I can have one when it's done!

Seriously - we have the resources at the moment, so I’m all ears.

j.