Audio interface

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 18:52:38 CEST 2013

So I think part of my computer issues is my motu 828mkII is finally giving up the ghost. I have had it for maybe 10?! years, which is good but it has not been without well documented problems in the past that come and go, so I'm thinking its time for a change from motu. Looking at the Focusright Saffire pro 40 right now. Thinking of staying FireWire, and the Saffire products are compatible with thunderbolt/FireWire adapter (not sure if this is just marketing bull.)

Anyone have any thoughts on gear, love/hate certain companies? Looking at the price range and specs that roughly match the Saffire pro 40/828. But may get decide to get a smaller interface as a stop gap (wait to see the new thunderbolt interfaces) if there is one that really stands out.