Anybody got a PPG Waveterm?

Andrew Robinson andrew at bml.co.uk
Mon Nov 26 19:14:58 CET 2012

The title does indeed say that, but I think that's down to the seller not
really knowing what he's got (easily done, Nasher the FGTH guitarist
thought that too), but he transcribes the writing on the labels in the
description, and they all say PPG/Waveterm. One of the discs says "sampled
by A. Cook for P. Oxendale" which ties in with the brief shot at 0:27
inthisvideo that shows
Peter Oxendale hunched over what looks to me like a Waveterm rather than a
Fairlight in Frankie's touring set up.

There's a lot of interest in these discs over on the ZTT forum, I suspect
the winner of the auction might well be up for loaning them to a Waveterm
owner to see if the data is readable, if one can be found.

btw, as you're the wavetable expert Paul, does this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou_AR-6Ebfo sound like it's done with the
PPG synth engine to you?

- Andy_R