Modular tomfoolery

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 19 07:13:58 CET 2012

On Jan 19, 2012, at 12:08 AM, Tony Scharf wrote:

> Awsome start!  Its really easy to just get lost in tweaking,
> particularly when things get out of control.

thx, I have to say it's a bit different than I thought it would be, I quickly became less interested in playing "classic" synthesizer sounds and became much more interested in the music it made on it's own. It's kind of indescribable - the more you patch the crazier it gets, and every time you turn something it can change things dramatically. Plus since it's analog, repeating patterns are nice to listen to as there are always subtle variations going on. Shit in my apartment was literally shaking before.

> It's unfortunate that osc isn't working.  So far, I have not had the
> misfortune of a defective module, though sometimes I wonder about one
> of my envelators which seems to be a bit different than the other.

Yea it sucks. The euro format is smaller than I thought and does feel a bit fragile. Like the knobs on my Andore are all a bit wiggly - I don't mind the trade off for these things being relatively inexpensive, but everything feels a bit homemade. The tip top cables are 100x better than the doepfer ones. Weirdly on my VCOb the doepfer cables don't sit properly in a few of the connection points, they pop back out.

> The Andore definitely doesn't like to be normal.  It wants to go right
> off the rails, and you have to reign it in.  So much fun though.

It works wonderfully though, as does the Korgasmatron - amazing filter