international characters on qwerty-kbd?

Michael Zacherl mubar04 at blauwurf.at
Tue Aug 28 12:07:19 CEST 2012

Hey!
A friend has got a Vista-laptop (small, old Vaio) with a QWERTY keyboard.
Since she's writing in Polish, Spanish, English and German getting international characters is a real pain for her.
I searched for a solution, but I didn't find anything useful, just this ancient hold ALT-and-type-the-ASCII-code-on-the-number-pad trick.
First this laptop has no number pad and second ...WTF??  (read "usability?")

On my Mac I relatively easily can compose characters which I don't have directly on the keyboard,
like øëáì etc ...  (i didn't take äöüß as an example since I got them on my kbd ;-)

However, I'd really like to help her - maybe you've got a neat idea how to get the characters needed for those languages without braking the flow?
thanks a lot - Michael.

--
nonconform? noiseconform: http://blauwurf.at
http://soundcloud.com/noiseconformist