Paris do's & dont's

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Wed Aug 1 22:02:43 CEST 2012

Op 1-8-2012 20:07, Mikael Hansson schreef:

> I'm going to Paris with the family for a few days. Any advices regarding anything a first time tourist would need to know? :-)

Do: visit the Musée d'Orsay. Opposite the Louvre, but actually feasible
within a day. Hmm, on the other hand, how old are your kids?

Don't: go out to eat on Mondays. Restaurants are often closed, and
you'll find the tourist traps instead.

Do: buy a multi-day pass for the metro.

Don't: piss off the police. They carry SMGs.

Do: go see Mickey Mouse in Disneyland Paris. Not exactly cheap (in fact,
bloody expensive), but a lot of fun. You can take a RER train from the
centre of Paris, which should take about three quarters of an hour. Red
line A, direction Marne-la-Vallée (A4).

Don't: look too much like a tourist around the Eiffel Tower or the Sacré
Coeur. The pedlars are worse than mosquitoes.

Do: speak French. The French are notably bad at speaking English (or
Swedish for that matter). At least, they pretend they are.

Don't: drive a car. You'll see why.

Oh, and do enjoy it: Paris is just a breathtakingly beautiful place.

- Peter