BBC News - CES 2011: Microsoft shows Windows running on Arm chips

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jan 7 18:31:41 CET 2011

> On a side note, is there a lot of difference between developing between
> OS X and iOS?

Depends what you are trying to develop, I think.  So far I've put a lot of code, developed on OSX, on iOS /fairly/ easily, with some adherence to restrictive policies on app state and memory, you can get along quite well.

The iPhone is a Mac, built for the pocket.

> Because there's one very important strategic asset that
> Microsoft has, it's millions of developers. If they can move to a mobile
> platform whilst using the frameworks and APIs they're familiar with,
> that would be a very big advantage for Microsoft.

I think Apple are going to blur the line between iOS and OSX"proper" pretty well, and there will be new classes of API components continually gluing the hardware changes. Apple *is* a hardware business, through and through.  Microsoft, well .. they could be, if they'd just change their name, or something ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan