Supercollider front end

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Aug 29 17:33:54 CEST 2011

On Aug 29, 2011, at 16:35 , Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] wrote:

> My biggest challenge (beside writing the modules of course) left is to tackle parameter access. First of all module can have a large set of them but then the "synth" might want to expose only some of them to map to MIDI for example. I haven't really spent the time to do a proper desing for that.

I've struggled with this one too. My model is something like below:

MGEPiggyOsc implements Tweakable {

	void oscFloatMessage(char * message, float value); // values in 'real-world'
	void midiMessage(int param, byte val); // values mapped nicely to MIDI bytes where 0 makes sonic sense and 127 too
	void midiFloatMessage(int param, float val); // values mapped to real-world again, can be very non-musical
	void char * describe(); // returns an xml description of parameters/values
}

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL