A7 monitor broke down again

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Aug 9 14:52:27 CEST 2011

On 09/08/2011 11:29, tom adam wrote:
> My A7 monitor broke down again.
> This is the second time this happens. There is still some sound coming
> out but only a faint sound. Looks like the amplifier is gone. This time
> it will not be under warranty to fix it I fear.
> Although I like the sound of them I wonder if I should have them
> repaired or buy something new.
> I would have them repaired but faith is gone...
> Pfft, will have to work mono or with headphones for a couple of days...

If you like the sound, what you cooouuld do, it's not ideal, but you
coooould rip out or disconnect all the electronics in both of them, find
out the rough crossover freq of the woofer and x-art tweeter, make or
buy a passive 2-way crossover, stick it in wired to the drivers, rewire
the cabling inside the speaker to an existing rear connector, linked to
an external amp of your choice. Or bi-wired to an external amp/amps
instead of the passive crossover.

Or, buy a good quality pair of Class-D stereo amp boards, replace all
internal amp circuitry with these and use a home made or bought active
external crossover. Each stereo amp in each speaker is used for
tweeter/bass instead of L/R.

There's always e-bay.