had enough of mac, looking for new OS and laptop

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 3 14:24:02 CEST 2011

> errrr, virtual box? that's the linux thing. I've got VMWare fusion for Mac.

Virtualbox runs on Mac too, so if you want to share the same VM image between two machines (Linux and Mac/Windows) then go for Virtualbox.  They're all (Parallels/VMWare/Virtualbox) all pretty much comparable to each other in terms of usability - I've had a long-time relationship with Parallels and Virtualbox, but I also have VMWare too .. you can, also, with much futzing around, convert images - but if you want to avoid this, just use Virtualbox on all the machines.

> I've got an old dell laptop (lattitude 610 I think) which I'll
> probably install linux on too, so I have the same environment
> anywhere.

Cool!

;
--