had enough of mac, looking for new OS and laptop

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 3 13:39:16 CEST 2011

Jay,

> . its a thread I wouldn't relish reading a week from now. :)

<ROFLMAO>
chicken...

Well I've got the 10.10 .iso file.

> Ah, this will work - we have the same AVR ISP hardware here at work, and nobody uses anything other than VM's to program .. so let me know if you run into problems.  BTW, make sure you're using the latest Virtualbox (you have to install it manually..)

errrr, virtual box? that's the linux thing. I've got VMWare fusion for Mac.

> Good plan, this can be set up so that it works well.

good, that'd be my ideal..

I've got an old dell laptop (lattitude 610 I think) which I'll
probably install linux on too, so I have the same environment
anywhere.

> You are going to be very, very happy I think.  The speed difference is light-years ahead of what you've experienced now..

Thanks, fingers crossed..

Paul