had enough of mac, looking for new OS and laptop

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 5 00:39:56 CEST 2011

Ok, so here's where I'm at..

Got my SSD drive in,
Got 8Gb RAM in,
seems to fly along quite happily.

Installed VMware Fusion,
Installed old windoze VM
built new Ubuntu 10.10 VM

Updated Windoze to work with new AVRStudio (hideous upgrade)
On Ubuntu installed AVRDude, GCC-AVR, AVR-libc, etc, etc...
on Ubuntu installed eclipse, configured the AVR plugin.
AVRDude can now read the fuse settings and memory from the AVR, so I'm
assuming it can write aswell.

My friend (who visited and helped me with the AVR Ubuntu stuff) has
shown me where the documentation for avr-libc is.

Got my AVR programmer (AVRISP MkII) working with ubuntu VM *AND* the
windoze VM (never been able to do that before!).

Next step is figure out how the hell to do interrupts (Timers and
UART) in gcc-avr and how to use eclipse properly.

it's been a productive night, but I still have a long way to go.

Paul