Octatrack

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Nov 22 15:40:42 CET 2010

Op 22-11-2010 15:27, K9 Kai Niggemann schreef:

> On 22.11.2010, at 15:03, Tony Scharf wrote:
>
>>    I also wont have the 8 track limit, which would be a pain for a
>> couple of my tracks.
>

> These days I quite like limitations. it can add more focus.
>
> That being said, I also think that 8 tracks are not enough. I often work with:
>
> 1 kick
> 2 snare
> 3 hihats and cymbals
> 4 percussion
> 5 bass
> 6 voice
> 7 synth
> 8 synth2
>
> add some effects to that (a reverb and dub delay return for example) and you are already at ten tracks...

Can't you do the fx internally per channel and/or via individual
outputs on a mixer?
And if you add another box (drummachine or sampler), you don't
need all the stuff you do on the octatrack. I think this machine
would do very well as and EXTRA box, not as a one thing for all
machine...

For now, I don't see anything in this machine that I would like
or use, though. I also think the audio examples they have posted
on soundcloud have been really crappy and uninspiring....

Gert