Octatrack

Jonny Stutters EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Nov 22 15:57:08 CET 2010

On 22 November 2010 14:40, Gert van Santen <g.vansanten at chello.nl> wrote:
> And if you add another box (drummachine or sampler), you don't
> need all the stuff you do on the octatrack. I think this machine
> would do very well as and EXTRA box, not as a one thing for all
> machine...

Yep, that's how I see it.  With some mixing down it would certainly be
possible to play back whole sets from this but it definitely makes
more sense when you picture it with a drum machine or some melodic
groove boxes or (shock! horror!) a band of humans.

> I also think the audio examples they have posted
> on soundcloud have been really crappy and uninspiring....

+1.  The demos they're posting at the moment are pretty much at the
first go in the music shop level.  Until someone inventive gets a hold
of this and shows it doing something more than twiddling a couple of
parameters it's going to be very hard to tell how useful it'd be.

Jonny