Eigenharp Pico - anyone??

ibi sum EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Mar 7 18:58:57 CET 2010

> With any instrument, expression comes from a combination of delight and
> involvement, and every human being is different in the way they react to an
> instrument.

Its absolutely the truth.  In the case of the Eigenharp, I've mostly
been excited due to the fact of its existence, not any technical
positive.. just to see an alternative take on the controller issue,
finally, instead of the same bland ol' shit .. but has this blinded me
to the fact that maybe its a crap instrument?  I don't know, and I won't
know until I play one - and thats really the problem with instruments.
A lot of people get terribly frustrated with such things as the flute,
clarinet, synthesizers and so on, and give up easily to become Laptop
musicians that comfortably point and click their masterpieces into
place, but .. there is always room for new improvements.

I've been sick as hell this past week - lung infection - and laying in
bed.  I just bit the bullet and upgraded to Live 8.1 and am digging out
the Nano controllers for some bed studio love.

You all know this about me and its boring: I really despise the presence
of laptops on stage, to be honest its become quite an issue with me
personally, rationally or irrationally so.. but I have to say that in
spite of my misgivings about being a laptop muso this is quite a
comfortable way to work, in the end .. and as we all know in these
threads: its the music (product) that matters.

So I really hope I can see an Eigenharp in person some day .. there are
some guys here in Vienna that have started an Eigen-band, so lets see if
I can get some time with the real thing some day soon. I  really hope
someone from the -bar picks one up and puts it through the paces,
also .. terribly good to see new interface developments being pushed out
there, and new things learned.

--

;