video lights

Romain / rXg EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jun 29 01:25:10 CEST 2010

Indeed I used a halogen 1000 watt for construction and the light is bright
white imo ( around 50 euro ) , it s quite warm tho maybe you can rent an air
conditioner for the event (with tubes then the machine could be outside or
apart from the studio so you avoid too much noise except for the wind of
course  )   ?
Or it s maybe stupid/cheap to mention did you think about to do  it just
"outside" and arrange the studio there ?
If it's for a long recording session forget the last one ...

btw what's about your project around Enschede?

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Martin Naef <mnaef at navisto.ch> wrote:

> Hi Kai,
>
> For cheap and cheerful, I hear good things about the halogen floods
> used by construction workers. Use gels to get the color tint right.
> Heat will be a problem though, but I think you'll have to battle with
> that anyway. At least you can place them at some distance as they are
> powerful enough to light up a complete room. Of course, there's always
> post processing available to get the light temperature right after the
> filming (within reason, of course).
>
> I've yet to see any LED or "power saving" lamp where I like the color
> enough to use them in video, but you might find something good enough
> in the higher budget range.
>
> Martin
>
> Quoting K9 Kai Niggemann <canine at waf80.de>:
> > I know this is a music and not a video bar. But maybe some of you
> > have some sort of experience with semi/pro video and could recommend
> >  some lights.
> >
> > I will be filming food/cooking videos and would prefer something
> > that gives about 5400 K and stays as cool as possible -- I want the
> > cheese to melt in the broiler, not under my lights...;)
> >
> > any recommendations? Ideas? Experiences? Especially cheap and
> > wonderfully smart solutions wanted..;)
> >
> > Kai

Romain