speeding up older iphone 3G

Michael Zacherl. EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Aug 7 19:03:57 CEST 2010

On Aug 7, 2010, at 18:48 , Jay Vaughan wrote:

>> For instance, jailbreakme.com claim it works up to 4.01.
>> So you're saying I shouldn't get a 3GS with a newer version than 4.01?
>>

> Yes.  Also, there will be an OS update in the next week or so that will close the jailbreakme.com hole .. it is in beta now ..

well, I won't get a used one within the next couple of weeks, or more specifically, before the availability of the iPhone 4.
What I just figured: jailbreakme.com already needs an internet connection (as far as I can tell) in order to be installed, or does WiFi work without a proper SIM-card (which I won't have)?

>> More importantly, is there anything I *can't* do after jailbreaking?
>
> Not really, unless you count "return the iPhone at a Genius bar without first re-installing the un-jailbroken firmware" as something you might want to do ..

Alternatively I could try to cut down provider expenses at home and get a 4 for the difference.
But then again, new, expensive phone provider etc.

--
keep your ears open: http://blauwurf.at