Power Question

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Apr 18 16:18:51 CEST 2009

Matt Picone wrote:
> I am choosing a power strip to set up the live rig for my Ultra (digital
> guitar processor), power amps, and pedalboard.
>
> How important is having isolated outlet banks to keep digital and analog
> components from interferring with each other?

You mean on the 110V AC side? Well, you can of course buy some $400
power cables for audiophiles. Or if you don't feel like pushing some
extra money into the economy, just connect the stuff so that it looks
nice... Personally, I'd go for the latter. ;-)

Just make sure you keep signal cables away from power cables, keep all
your equipment on the same earth potential to avoid ground hum, and
you're done. Everything else is fine for those who believe in fairy dust...

Martin