Company name

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Sep 22 19:33:20 CEST 2008

Andy Tarpinian wrote:
> I hate having to name things. I hate it. It's so hard. Now that I am
> leaving my full time job and going freelance I have to come up with my
> company name. I am doing this as myself now, but want to set up an
> official business so I can reap the benefits - taxes etc...

I have no idea about US rules, but in some countries you are required to
use your own name unless you're incorporated as limited company.

In any case, I'd go for something like Tarpinian Multimedia (or Design,
Graphics, whatever). After all, it's *you* that you're selling, and it
always helps if the name gives some hint at what your business is. I'd
rather trust somebody who's personally behind his business than somebody
trying to hide behind fancy names...

I was trading as "Naef Informatik" when I was freelancing.

Martin