I chuckled

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri May 16 23:42:29 CEST 2008

Hi

> Strange. They are supposed to last as long or longer than the old
> calliper things. Maybe you have slightly wonky rotors or sharp edges on
> them? Too soft brake pad grade/material?

I don't think its unusual.  This has been the case for the last 7 years an
on 2 different bikes.  On average one set lasts me say, 450 miles (6 weeks)
but to be honest:

- up until 7 months ago my commute route was a lot flatter so they would
last probably last another 50% (2-3 months?)
- they get ripped to pieces in the winter but will last a bit longer in the
summer (4 weeks verses 8 weeks depending on the conditions)
- its 100% hardcore urban riding; only girls ride off road..

;-)

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk