DSLR

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Mar 29 14:53:30 CET 2008

Hi Michael

Michael Zacherl wrote:
> I never had a compact camera until I entered the digital domain.
> The current one (LUMIX FZ7) is quite ok but has a bad sensor.
> Low dynamics range, low sensitivity, small, bad noise.

Well, that's pretty much inherent in the small sensors. They are quite
ok with proper light (outdoor photography), but show their weaknesses
otherwise. However, depending on what you're trying to achieve, that
doesn't mean you couldn't make good pictures even under sub-optimal
conditions. Gert's gallery is a good example - he's got the full range
from top cameras to P&S.

> A DSLR with lets say two lenses, probably replacement batteries, media,
> maybe even a flash-gun to light up an outdoor motive would have some
> significant weight. In a good rucksack that should be managable for a
> while though.

I do walk around quite a bit with my camera rucksack including four
lenses, flash, and accessories. It's not that heavy, but sometimes I
prefer just taking the camera alone in a separate bag, and maybe one
extra lens (I'm *not* keen on super-zooms).

> The issues are certainly not new to me.
> But maybe I'm just reluctant because of other reasons ... like spending
> a couple of thousands of Euros now.

It is expensive, indeed. But it's worth it for me. But then, my picture
counter on the new camera is already on 2923, after 6 months and no
major holidays...

Bye
Martin

--