DSLR

Michael Zacherl EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Mar 29 14:13:03 CET 2008

Hi Martin,

I started photographing as a teenager using a Praktica MTL3 SLR (I
still have it).
I never had a compact camera until I entered the digital domain.
The current one (LUMIX FZ7) is quite ok but has a bad sensor.
Low dynamics range, low sensitivity, small, bad noise.
In conditions less than ideal the results are not that good, sometimes
even frustrating although trying hard.
Get me right, I don't feel like I did the wrong desicion for the model
back than.

Being in Frome and Bath I walked around for many hours (three to
almost five hours without a rest).
A DSLR with lets say two lenses, probably replacement batteries,
media, maybe even a flash-gun to light up an outdoor motive would have
some significant weight. In a good rucksack that should be managable
for a while though.
Then there's the fear losing it and theft ... again something which
won't hurt all that much with a compact.

The issues are certainly not new to me.
But maybe I'm just reluctant because of other reasons ... like
spending a couple of thousands of Euros now.
Or little time for really using it and taking advantage of it ...

Im pondering (in a background process)  ;-)

    m.

--
just don't care: http://blauwurf.at