Korg PCIF or Roland serial MIDI

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 9 23:29:25 CEST 2008

Martin Naef wrote:
> Not quite sure what it is that you're looking for... As far as I'm
> aware, these are just plain 1:1 data pipes - you send a byte across the
> serial port, it gets sent out of the MIDI port. I've used a Korg 05R/W
> when I needed a MIDI interface attached to an SGI Onyx.

I have an 05R/W too.
The reason I ask is that the 05R/W has effectively two output ports and
Korg driver obviously addresses this somehow.
Anyhoos.
It may not be economic to faff about with this idea.
It would definitely work, but ebay has a shedload of sub £10 USB midi
interfaces and I could always use the 05R/W in the meantime till I've
saved up £10 ;)

It's mainly for...

I've dumped the dosh on an eeePC the other day, should arrive in the
next few days. After the fail on the GP2x, I'm actually very happy that
it did, as the eeePC has better everything (well, it is twice the price
too) but is still portable enough for me.

What I can do is convert one of the USB to serial cables to a short lead
and an 8 pin mini DIN for the 05R/W...