midi slider box kit thingies

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jul 29 22:54:01 CEST 2008

Hi Tony

Tony Scharf wrote:
> the main problem with doing this, is that I am *not* an EE, and really
> dont want to have to become one to get this working.  What would be
> killer, would be if there was some kinda basic kit that got the basics
> covered (MIDI I/O, power, etc) and I could just concentrate on putting
> slidders, switches and buttons in a layout that pleased me.

www.ucapps.de is probably as close as it gets. The MIDIbox environment
really has all that you need. Alternatively, an Arduino would get you
quite close as well. I'd say the MIDIbox environment offers more
features relevant to MIDI and controller boxes, whereas the Arduino is
explicitely targeted to a non-EE community.

There are also a series of modules from Doepfer that might be exactly
what you need, though I'm not sure how flexible it is for programming
(e.g. sysex etc.).

Martin