midi slider box kit thingies

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jul 29 22:33:57 CEST 2008

I have a Studio Electronics ATC1 that I got a really good deal on a
year ago.  It has become one of my favorite synths ever - its both
smooth and aggressive, and the UI is not as bad as I thought it would
be.

Not *as* bad...but still bad.   Compared to programming my SE1x, its a
bit of chore, and I do often forget which combination of switches I
need to hit to get to certain functions and what some of the LCD
abreviations mean.  I want to fix this..

My thought is to build a MIDI slider box/programmer kinda like what
Roland used to put out for its modules, or like the Access Programmer
for the original Waldorf Microwave.

the main problem with doing this, is that I am *not* an EE, and really
dont want to have to become one to get this working.  What would be
killer, would be if there was some kinda basic kit that got the basics
covered (MIDI I/O, power, etc) and I could just concentrate on putting
slidders, switches and buttons in a layout that pleased me.

Does anything close to the above exist, or am I looking at hunting
down a prebuilt MIDI knob box and programming it?

Tony