Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jan 11 17:03:33 CET 2008

> whadoyaguysthink, what matters more: time or matter?
> yep that is a tough one!

no point having all the greatest gear if you've got no time to use it.

on the other hand, 10 minutes can be all the time you need, if your
gear is set up and ready to go at the flick of a switch.

so it could be either/or.  maybe neither matter - what matters
instead, is whether you love to make music, with what you've got
sitting in front of me.

i know, for me personally, having working hardware that doesn't get
in the way of a creative process, is a little more important than
having all the time in the world to use it - but that may be, simply,
because the days when i had all the time in the world, and in fact
was expected to spend that time productively making music, are over.

so .. after a week of writing device drivers for rail systems, i'm
gonna go set up my gear (once the boy is in bed of course) and get
some tune-making done.   maybe only 20 minutes or so, but hey ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan