Peak wheat!

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Feb 26 21:56:57 CET 2008

Peter Korsten wrote:
> What's interesting is that HD-DVD used Microsoft technology for its
> interactive features, whilst Blu-Ray uses Java. Which means that
> Microsoft will have to produce a Java Virtual Machine for the Xbox 360's
> Blu-Ray drive.
>
> Well, I thought it was amusing. :)

Maybe not 'in the drive', but a patch 'on the xbox360' as it connects
through SATA? to the drive.

What's more interesting is that the xbox HD-DVD drive works on a PC and
is blowing out last stock now for $49.99 with a set of films last I
heard. But of course, $49.99 translates to ?110 in the uk. Even though
HD-DVD may have allegedly lost the war, there must be huge stock that
may outsell bluray while stocks last ;)

I think it's ludicrous that there isn't enough market space for both,
ignoring anti-competitive strategies for a moment...