Implementing zynaddsubfx PADSynth on SoundBite hardware ..

ibi sum EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Feb 19 10:32:20 CET 2008

Stan and me have been jamming pretty heavily with ZynAddSUBFx lately, and
its wonderful - some examples of what you can do from last nights jam -
CAUTION: unedited, chaotic, synth noise soundscape, all live, no presets -
here:

http://w1xer.de/ass/gezru_x.mp3
http://w1xer.de/ass/gezru.mp3

(uploading now, give it 20 minutes to finish: final files will be: 54028746
- gezru.mp3 & 19102405 - gezru_x.mp3)

This is all from an SH101, Nintendo-DS running Nitrotracker, and an EEEPC
running ZynAddSubFX with the faderfox controllers .. currently our favourite
little jam rig.  Its awesome.  Stan and I rotate on the SH101, creating
patches live, he samples into Nitrotracker which he has become an utter
master of, and I (mostly) am playing ZynAddSubFX, which Stan also samples
with nitrotracker on occasion .. whats great about this rig is that its all
live, no presets, and it just goes where it goes.  Lots of low-quality
sounds and wild adventurist meanderings, just like I (we) like ..

So I've decided to have a go at implementing the PADSynth algorithmn from
ZynAddSubFX on the SoundBite architecture, because its really just plain
beautiful, in design and concept as well as implementation and use:

http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/doc/PADsynth/PADsynth.htm

.. wish me luck.  I think this is a perfect project for Soundbite ..  I'll
be sure to let you guys know when there are sound samples to hear ..

j.
--
Jay Vaughan