Upgrading socket 939

Mikael Hansson EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Feb 16 01:12:21 CET 2008

Andy Tarpinian wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2008, at 6:34 PM, Peter Korsten wrote:
>
>> Andy Tarpinian schreef:
>>
>>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103002
>>>
>>> My board : ASUS A8V Deluxe 939 VIA K8T800 Pro
>>>
>>> I think this is my only option for the best performance, worth it
>>> maybe?
>> I would chuck out the mainboard, get a Socket 775 mainboard and a
>> Core 2
>> (Duo, Quad) chip. It's just not worth investing in Socket 939 any
>> longer. The performance gain does not justify the investment, if you
>> compare it to the price/performance ratio of Intel's offerings.
>
> Figured, I will prob do that.

You will not regret it. I bought a 2.4GHz Quadcore about 6 months ago
and I'm still amazed how much I can load up Cubase without any hassle.

When I was testing out ideas on one of my last tracks I had 3 instances
of Rob Papen's Blue, 2 instances of FM8, 5 instances of Guitar Rig and
at least 6-7 other vsti's and vst effects. The cpumeter were showing
around 30%.

/Micke