One more track

Mikael Hansson EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Feb 15 14:56:46 CET 2008

Martin Naef wrote:
> Micke
>
> Mikael Hansson wrote:
>> Oops, what can I say, I have fridays off this year and currently many
>> ideas...
>>
>> http://hem.bredband.net/b284194/mh_code_premix.mp3
>
> Another fine one! The intro doesn't really do it justice, imho.
>
> I also noticed in this track as well as some earlier work that your
> guitar sound has no dynamics at all. I'm wondering if you're not a bit
> too heavy on the compression there. Given that the rest of your
> instrumentation tends to be quite dynamic (and I like that a lot), the
> guitar feels a bit alien - it's just too "flat".

Actually I didn't apply any compression, but the Amplitube patch had a
compressor in it's signal chain so I turned it off:

http://hem.bredband.net/b284194/uncompressed_guitars.mp3

Does this sound better, apart from the somewhat high volume?
What about doing the intro like this?

> Looking forward to next Friday... ;-)

Doh, I'm going to be filled with anguish all fridays I don't perform :)

/Micke