(rant) people suck

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Feb 7 14:48:48 CET 2008

Tony Scharf schreef:
> On Feb 7, 2008 7:21 AM, Gert van Santen <g.vansanten at chello.nl> wrote:
>> I'm still fighting with my Speckie here.
>> It does sounds awesome. But somehow I
>> can't seem to get used to the way it
>> works, and I feel it sort of slows down
>> my workflow...
>>

> Honestly...I hear this so many times, that I am almost curious in a
> 'how bad can it really be' sort of way.  I know the manual seems to be
> written very poorly..like they arent quite sure how it works
> themselves. Tony Gral, the owner of Nova, commented last time we were
> up there that the Spectralis has the highest turnover of any of the
> boutique gear they sell.  Ive listened to the sound demos on the net
> quite a bit, and I *love* the sound of it though..

I see that in the forums. Everyone seems
to want one, and everyone loves the
sound, but not everyone seems to be able
to get to grips with it, and many people
are selling it. It certainly does work a
lot less direct than for example the
Electribes. But it has so much
potential. And it's true, a lot of the
stuff that is done with it sounds very
powerful.

And then there's the "OS situation". OS
1.0 still isn't out, which makes some
people very angry (not me). I think J?rg
schould have called OS 0.97 OS 1. Would
have saved him a lot of troubles and
mean remarks...

> so..I dont know.  Having a good puzzle to work on often spurs my
> creativity.  If I did buy it, I'd force myself to keep it for at least
> 2 years.

You have to give it some time, that's
for sure.

> the SE1x is something I always wanted: three oscillator mono synth.  I
> love monosynths.  I re-discovered my Korg Prophecy recently, and its
> got me feeling the bug for a second real analog.

Monosynths are cool. I still love the
MS-20. Planning on doing some sampling
this week - when there's still time left
after another day of QT I want to give
my Spectralis :-)

--

:-)