cool - gear girl

Andrew Robinson EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Dec 2 18:54:31 CET 2008

I would love an Objective C primer that assumes you know Basic, rather
than all these ones that assume you either know nothing, or some other
brand of recent language.

Objective C is making sense to me, because I can understand the
underlying assembler opcodes, but the syntax is annoyingly unfamiliar,
and the tutorials I have tried seem to place huge emphasis on a)
functions, b) pointers and c) structs, which don't have equivalents in
Basic, and therefore I'd be happy not knowing about until I was
writing something a) large b) highly optimised or c) involving a
database respectively.

- Andy_R