Acid Pro 6..how to get around midi clock issue

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Apr 20 16:33:15 CEST 2008

As you know, I have just about every PC DAW there is, except Sony
Acid.  I never liked acid for some reason - it just didnt seem to jive
with me back when I tested it out a few years (and probably a version
or two) ago.

Of course this means I get into a band where the other two guys have
been working together and using it for years.

So I went and got a copy of it the other day.  So far, I think I can
work with it, but I have at least one real problem with it:  it can
only send MIDI clock/timecode to *one* device.

This..really..sucks.

*every* piece of hardware I have needs midi clock for one reason or
another, and just about every piece now has a reason why it needs its
own MIDI port (killing the thru-chain idea).  I could use an interface
that will 'broadcast' clock to all the devices, but 3 of my main
devices have USB connections and therefor their own MIDI interfaces...

Any brilliant ideas how to get around this one?  This project I am in
comes with a lot of material they want to work on already started in
Acid, so I am pretty much stuck using it at least for file sharing
purposes.

Considering the market Acid is directed to (soft synth freaks of the
new generation) I can see why this is the way it is.  It still sucks.
Am I the only guy left with a wall of synths?

Tony