reactable

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 18 02:24:57 CEST 2007

On 18.Sep, 2007, at 0:58 , Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:

> I'm toying with the extremely dogmatic notion that a musical
> instrument
> (according to my very personal definition) is best designed when it
> can
> be played, to some extent, with eyes closed. Think of the speed of
> touch
> reflexes, which is what are used for making music with a physical
> instrument.

ach. so what is it that I do with my computer since I can't play it
in a cave? not music, because it is "broken" (jay) or "not a musical
instrument"?

this dogma stuff won't really get us anywhere.

I agree that the interface on many machines of today is even worse
than your definition of a musical instrument. But the reacTable
certainly won't work in the dark (and lose half of its charme) it's
still a hell of a great idea to express yourself and emotions.

so please. Try again with that definition. Be a bit more constructive
this time, please!

Kai

canine_at_waf80_dot_de                            good night europe.
http://kainiggemann.de                           <your name here>
johanniterstrasse 17				  48145 Muenster