Reverb options

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Nov 24 20:09:57 CET 2007

punkdISCO wrote:
> VST - a producer I know just recommended the Audioease Altiverb but at
> 400squid!!?
> http://www.dv247.com/invt/40613/ ouch!

I paid quite a bit more for my M3000... Personally, I think a good
reverb is worth it, but that's also because I do classical work where
even the best artificial reverb is suspect...

> Powercore - interesting stuff.  I have kinda ignored this whole DSP thing.
> Again, the Powercore looks to me as being expensive but this SoS review
> believes "Powercore Compact is a bargain, but with the included software
> bundle it's almost too good to be true".
> http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec04/articles/tcepowercore.htm

But when you consider the price, don't forget to factor in another big
chunk to get the VSS3 algorithms... One "problem" of the powercore is
that you're looking for a reverb, but you get a bunch of other stuff
that you might not want or need.

> Time to do some PowerCore reading as I am probably missing something.
> Anyone want to recommend a PowerCore hardware platform?  There seems to be
> at least 3 option: PCI, FireWire, and that rack version..

I'd probably take either the big Firewire version or the new PCIe
version. And I'd most definitely buy the VSS3.

Bye
Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch