phrase sampler options?

ibi sum ibisum at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 22:59:45 CET 2015

> Unfortunately looking online it sounds like these too have awful load
> times too, around ~60 seconds to switch banks!  I totally don't get it,
> these things are flash based so why isn't switching a bank just a
> pointer change instead of requiring copying RAM around?

Its because of the ‘serial’ nature of the SD I/O spec .. you can physically implement SD I/O either with parallel lines (4 bit transfer - “HI” 1 bit transfer - “LO” rates) or .. with SPI.  With the parallel modes, you can address random blocks; with serial, one block at a time.  Guess which method gets used on the cheap gear?  (Hint: its SPI.)

;
--
Jay Vaughan
ibisum at gmail.com