A wireless solution for your average MIDI studio ..

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jul 15 16:11:38 CEST 2011

The problems I see with this are:

1.  MIDI is a legacy protocol and everything is going USB.  A lot of
devices *dont* have MIDI ports on them anymore
2.  I think the days of the huge MIDI driven studio are over.  You
have a few old-timer hold outs, but even I have moved to a smaller rig
thats mostly software
3.  The PC is king in the studio, weather we like it or not.  How do
you convince someone to route everything through a tablet or smart
phone instead where everything would be captured within the DAW?

On the plus side:

1. I think the idea of being able to patch all my MIDI signals via a
software router would be wonderful.  MIDI-OX does this, but its UI
sucks, in my opinion
2. It would be great if there were a framework for creating control
panels and sequencers that could be used to turn this into a
performance tool.

 Tony