A wireless solution for your average MIDI studio ..

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jul 15 17:42:56 CEST 2011

> 1.  MIDI is a legacy protocol and everything is going USB.  A lot of
> devices *dont* have MIDI ports on them anymore

Actually, I've been trying to find examples where MIDI isn't being used, and I see a lot of gear that still has plain old MIDI.

> 2.  I think the days of the huge MIDI driven studio are over.  You
> have a few old-timer hold outs, but even I have moved to a smaller rig
> thats mostly software

Thats an important observation, and we must take it into account.  What about if the product allowed you to, say, control your Virus from your phone so that for live gigs you don't need a laptop, and so on .. the device could have onboard RAM for storing local MIDI sequences, patches, and so on - particularly geared for the performance keyboardist.

> 3.  The PC is king in the studio, weather we like it or not.  How do
> you convince someone to route everything through a tablet or smart
> phone instead where everything would be captured within the DAW?

This would mostly be for a live rig, I think.

;
--
Jay Vaughan