A wireless solution for your average MIDI studio ..

Nate King EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jul 15 15:31:40 CEST 2011

Thanks for the updates. Sounds like a pretty cool system. If the midi
receivers were inexpensive, and I could do away with patching via patchbay,
I'd be thrilled. Besides all the obvious (or not) software
possibilities/usefulness.

The ctrlr software is open-source and is basically designed to allow a real
life user to create a vst control panel of the parameters of a hardware
synth. It doesn't really do much else, except allow a user to create a
simple UI that makes all of the sysex parameters of their hardware
accessible and most importantly automatable via DAW. The downside is it's
currently developed by one person and intended to be entirely cross
platform. So even though he works hard, it's slow to fully develop.

I'm definitely into the idea. I'm pretty active on vintagesynth forum. Over
there, you might get a lot more response with proposing something like this.
If you had a way to send midi messages to a wireless -> cv receiver, you'd
have the old analog guys pooping themselves.... :)