Keys are so uncool

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 4 22:45:26 CEST 2009

Why is everyone now a days obsessed with NOT playing keys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVwPH2EYoOM&feature=related

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the concept of other types of interfaces to
express oneself and to be able to do new things with music. but
sometimes it seems like people are just doing it to do it. Or maybe
they were never forced to take piano lessons when they were younger?
Or they are bored?

It's also amazing to me that we have gone back to simple buttons for
interfaces, it seems so primal, like a child's toy, but for some
reason works really well. Do interfaces write the music or does music
create the interfaces?