Retuning?

Don't t(h)read on my tentacles, Earthling! EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 4 04:52:06 CEST 2009

Le 3 oct. 09 à 22:37, perry7 at mac.com a écrit :

> just curious...wich one of you thinks this is serious stuff?

He should really take a course over temperaments and tuning, plus the
history of tuning over time, he'd be less cocky after that.

The C value tends to shift higher with time, that's why the baroque is
settled by convention at 415 (and sometimes lower even for earlier
music) instead of 440 (convention settled in 1939 from a débate
running since the 19th century). Some aria written in the 17 and 18th
centuries can't be sung if sang at 440.

Anyway, we can't hear higher than 15k after the twenties (and
sometimes before)…

Denis H]
No LOPPSI!
No HADOPI!