A FloppyDisk Album?

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Sat Jun 8 02:01:18 CEST 2024

Hey Jay,

> Yeah, I think in the retro- computing scene, this makes more sense .. Seems there is quite a bit of interest in a floppyZine for retro machines, so maybe a few hundred of the 1500 I have left, will get a bit of use in this direction.
>
> Still, 1600 of any kind of media is sort of the point, its quite delightful to have this old problem again .. so many physical copies of the thing, whatever it is, to get into the right hands .. Back in the day was cheaper to get something in the mail than download it.  :)

I'd just sell them, so that maybe you don't have to sell other things. I
probably have an old floppy drive around /somewhere/, but no motherboard
to connect it to.

I like watching retro-computing videos, but I have zero interest in
actually engaging in it. Trying to maintain vintage synths is already a
challenge, and they have far fewer moving parts.

- Peter